Hydraulic press system cleaning is absolutely necessary for hydraulic systems that are being assembled or newly put into use. After strict cleaning, it can reduce and avoid system debugging and failures in early operation, shorten the system debugging cycle, and reduce unnecessary losses. The following introduces the matters needing attention when cleaning the hydraulic system:
(1) When cleaning the general hydraulic press system, use working hydraulic oil or test oil instead of kerosene, gasoline, alcohol, steam, or other liquids to prevent corrosion of hydraulic components, pipelines, fuel tanks, and seals.
(2) During the cleaning process, the hydraulic pump runs, and the cleaning medium is heated at the same time. When the temperature of the cleaning oil is 50~80°C, the rubber residue in the hydraulic press system is easy to remove.
(3) The intermittent operation of the hydraulic pump is beneficial to improve the cleaning effect, and the intermittent time is generally 10-30 min.
(4) A filter or screen should be installed on the circuit for cleaning the oil circuit. At the beginning of cleaning, because there are many impurities, an 80-mesh filter can be used, and a filter of 150 mesh or more can be used in the later stage of cleaning.
(5) The cleaning time is generally 48~60h, which should be determined according to the complexity of the hydraulic press system, filtration accuracy requirements, pollution degree, and other factors.
(6) In order to prevent corrosion caused by external moisture, the hydraulic pump will continue to run at the end of cleaning until the temperature returns to normal.
(7) After cleaning the hydraulic press system, the cleaning oil in the circuit should be drained.