For metal processing, in addition to routine processes such as heat treatment, press-fitting, compression, etc., there is another indispensable procedure that is called straightening. Straightening can eliminate or reduce deformation of the components, improve uniformity and create better geometry.
Nowadays, with higher and stricter requirements for components and end products in uniformity, geometry, accuracy, and cost-saving, CNC hydraulic straightening presses have been more and more widely used by manufacturers who intend to improve productivity while saving costs. Hydraulic straightening presses are particularly useful for shafts, plates, and large weldments. Machining, heat treatment, and forming can cause these kinds of workpieces to warp or deform. Manufacturers have to remove or reduce such deformation before moving on to the next production steps. Especially for shafts, which are more complicated and have diversified sizes, it is barely possible to automate the straightening process, so a (hydraulic) straightening press is required.
Even though an ordinary straightening press can also achieve the purpose of straightening, but it has a lot of unavoidable functional limitations. In order to increase the performance, an ordinary straightening press can be upgraded to include other functional systems or units, such as numerical control systems and hydraulic systems. A numerical control hydraulic straightening press has the following noticeable features:
1. Through the computer programming system, this press can accurately set the stroke of the indenter, effectively control the pressing distance, and avoid repeated straightening, which greatly improves the work efficiency and the straightening accuracy. The machine tool has an independent power mechanism, and hydraulic and electrical systems, and its working pressure, pressure correction speed, and stroke range can be adjusted.
2. The stroke of the indenter can be numerically controlled and displayed, and the "0" point can be set arbitrarily.
3. Manual and automatic operation modes are available to choose from. Or the straightening distance can be controlled by the real-time display of the indenter stroke in the slow state.
4. The curvature of the workpiece straightened by the machine is not more than 0.02mm within the full length, and there is no crushing mark on the surface.
5. In the automatic state, the acceptance range of the shaft can be set. If the acceptance range is not reached, the indenter can be automatically straightened the workpiece until it reaches the said range.
1. Ordinary straightening press uses dial indicator to detect the accuracy, and it is not controllable, whereas the accuracy of CNC hydraulic straightening press is detected by the high-precision sensor and can reach 0.001mm.
2. The threshold for ordinary straightening machine operators is high with many years of work experience required. By comparison, CNC hydraulic straightening press can automatically complete the straightening of workpieces, and no working experience is required for the machine operators.
3. Working efficiency of the CNC hydraulic straightening machine is much higher than the ordinary straightening machine.
4. Ordinary straightening machines adopt manual quality inspection, and CNC hydraulic straightening machine adopts computer-automatic quality inspection.
5. Ordinary straightening machine controls the indenter manually, and it is difficult to control the accuracy by human experience. As for CNC hydraulic straightening machine, the pressing stroke is automatically calculated and controlled by a computer and the accuracy can reach 0.01mm.