Compared with traditional hydraulic press machines, servo-hydraulic press machines have the advantages of energy-saving, low noise, high efficiency, and convenient maintenance. The specific analysis is as follows:
1. Energy Saving
Servo hydraulic press, according to different processing techniques and production cycles, the servo-hydraulic press can save power by 20% to 60%.
(1) When the slider is quickly descending and the slider is stationary at the upper limit, the servo motor does not rotate, so no electric power is consumed. By comparison, the motor of the traditional hydraulic press still rotates at the rated speed and still needs to consume 20%-30% of the rated power.
(2) In the pressure holding stage, the servo motor speed of the servo-hydraulic press machine only supplements the leakage of the pump and the system. The speed is generally between 10 pm and 150 pm, and the power consumption is only 1% to 10% of the rated power.
(3) The efficiency of the servo motor is about 1% to 3% higher than ordinary ones and thus is more energy-saving.
2. Low Noise
Servo hydraulic oil pumps generally use internal gear pumps, while traditional hydraulic machines generally use axial plunger pumps. Under the same flow and pressure, the noise of internal gear pumps is 5dB～10dB lower than that of axial plunger pumps.
3. Less Heat Emission And Thus Reducing Cooling Costs
The hydraulic system of the servo-hydraulic machine has no overflow heat, and there is no flow when the slider is stationary, so there is no hydraulic resistance heat. The heat emission of the hydraulic system is generally only 10% to 30% of that of a traditional hydraulic machine.
4. Less Hydraulic Oil Consumption
Because the pump is at a state of zero speed and low heat emission most of the time, the oil tank of the servo-hydraulic machine can be smaller than that of the traditional hydraulic machine, and the oil can be used for a longer time. Therefore, the hydraulic oil consumed by the servo-hydraulic press machine is generally only about 50% of the oil consumed by the traditional hydraulic machines.
5. Fully Closed-loop Digital Precision Control
Servo hydraulic press machine is featured by a high degree of automation, good flexibility, and high precision. On one hand, the pressure, speed, and position of the servo-hydraulic press are fully closed-loop digital controlled, with a high degree of automation and good precision. On the other hand, its pressure and speed are programmable to meet the needs of various processes.
6. High Efficiency
Through proper acceleration and deceleration control and energy optimization, the control speed of the servo-hydraulic machine can be greatly improved, and the work pace, which can reach 10/min～15/min, is several times higher than that of the traditional hydraulic machine.
7. Convenient Maintenance
The hydraulic system is greatly simplified due to the elimination of the proportional servo hydraulic valve, speed control circuit, and pressure control circuit in the hydraulic system. The cleanliness requirements of hydraulic oil are much lower than hydraulic proportional servo systems, which reduces the impact of hydraulic oil pollution on the system.